Off-Campus Life Graphic Designer
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Classification: Stu Coordinator
Pay Rate: $10.75
Hours: Varies Monday-Friday (office is open 8:00am-5:00pm)
Hours/Week: 15 (occasional evenings and weekends)
Begin Date: As soon as possible
Graphic Designer Position Description: The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and maintaining the Off-Campus Life brand through the design of all marketing materials including, but not limited to, newspaper ads, posters, web ads, and t-shirts, as well as the physical construction of display cases and event decorations. This position works closely with the Marketing Manager and Public Relations Coordinator and is also responsible for communicating with other staff on a regular basis to determine office design needs and receive feedback.
Graphic Designer Duties and Responsibilities:
- All graphic designs needed for Off-Campus Life programming, including: Housing Fair, Fall Clean Up, Community Welcome, RamRide, etc…
- Design of:
- Display cases
- Print ads
- Table tents
- Web ads
- White boards
- Occasional Northern Colorado Rental Housing Association marketing materials
- Other designs as needed
- Updating graphics for OCL events
- Other graphic design duties as needed
Off-Campus Life – All Student Staff Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service and accurate information to students regarding office services and programs, renting in the Fort Collins community, city codes and ordinances, building neighborhood relations, and more.
- General front desk/reception duties, including but not limited to answering phones, keeping statistics, greeting/assisting customers, etc.
- Working knowledge and application of Party Registration program, Rental Search, etc.
- Facilitate/present various office programs (e.g. Roommate Roundups) and presentations (e.g. various resource fairs).
- Help create, plan, implement, and assess OCL large-scale programs.
- All OCL staff are expected to work some evening and weekend commitments (includes Community Welcome – August; Fall Clean-up – November; Housing Fair – March; CSUnity – April).
- Be accepted for enrollment as a regular degree-seeking student at Colorado State University, carrying at least one credit per term during the academic year.
- Currently have a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.5.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing according to Colorado State University standards.
- Must be able to commit to the position for at least one year.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively both individually and on a team.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment.
- Possess a commitment to working with diverse populations, identities and experiences.
- Possess the desire to work with first-year students, transfer students, and parents and family.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of InDesign.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent creativity.
- Familiarity of proper printing practices, i.e. bleeds, proofs, RGB vs. CMYK, resolution (DPI/PPI)
- Knowledge of different document extensions and their practical use (.jpeg, .tiff, .pdf, etc.)
- Ability to handle constructive criticism.
- Skills in traditional art techniques such as drawing, painting and decorating.
- Working towards a degree, or have a strong interest in, Art with a concentration in Graphic Design.
- Experience with web site design and updates.
- Digital photography experience.
- Knowledge of Off-Campus Life programs and events.
- Experience presenting in front of groups of varying sizes.
- Experience in writing and editing copy.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Start Date: As soon as possible. The first semester in this position is a trial period. At the end of the semester, upon satisfactory evaluation of performance, the position will be offered as permanent.
How to Apply: Please submit the following information to Lindsay Mason, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, please call Lindsay at (970) 491-2248.
- Current resume
- Three (3) references (including emails and phone numbers)
- Letter or email stating your interest and specific qualifications for the position
- Fall class schedule
- Sample portfolio of your work that shows your style, both artistically and graphically
- List of co-curricular commitments, anticipated internships, study abroad intentions, etc.