The Homebuyers class is taught in 3 sessions over 3 weeks, Tuesday nights from 6:00pm - 8:30pm.
Topics of the class include:
- How to find the right realtor
- Why real estate is an excellent personal investment
- How realtors can find the home to meet your needs
- How to talk with a lender, inspector and realtor
- Appraisals and inspections
- Conventional, FHA, VA and other loan down payment financing
- Credit ratings and credit scoring
- Your questions regarding real estate
- From start to finish, the process to buy your home
Class sizes are usually small allowing for a more personalized experience.
No high-pressure sales tactics, just information to help you get started in buying real estate.
Cost (for 3 consecutive sessions):
- $15 for student, faculty, or staff attendee; $10 per additional guest
- $20 for non-university affiliated attendee; $10 per additional guest
“It's a pretty impressive thing to get first-time home buyers with the minimum % down into a house in one of the most competitive markets in the country! I'm glad we went to your class….” --Dave (CSU alum)
"Lance (the presenter) impressed me at the CSU parents' weekend housing session with his straight forward presentation concerning rental investment potential versus alternative housing. His diligence, progressive thinking in a challenging market, and work ethic were the keys to a successful college home purchase for my son." --Jeffrey (Parent)
Click on the above link to see all dates and complete registration and payment. For additional information, please contact Off-Campus Life, LSC 274 at (970) 491-2248, open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A schedule of classes is published on our calendar.