Thank you for your interest in this year's Housing Fair! We look forward to working with you.
In order to keep facilities in ideal condition and set clear expectations for all participants, the following guidelines have been established. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before registering for the Housing Fair. Should you have any questions, please contact our office at (970) 491-2248.
|Important Dates and Times to Remember
||Wednesday, February 7th, 9:00am-4:00pm
||Friday, January 26th, 5:00pm
|All Fees Due
||Friday, January 26th, 5:00pm
||Monday, January 29th, 5:00pm
|Early Set-Up Times Available
||Tuesday, February 6th, 3:00pm-6:00pm
Wednesday, February 7th, 7:30am
- Registrations received after this date are assessed a $75 late registration fee. Registrations are NOT COMPLETE until all fees are paid. Requests after this date are NOT guaranteed.
- Cancellations received up until Monday, January 29th, 5:00pm will be refunded the full amount minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds whatsoever will be given for cancellations received after this deadline.
|Full Table (3'x6')
|Additional Parking Permits*
|Boxed Lunch & Water
*Two (2) parking permits included with registration.
Vendor Set Up
- Your table space will be provided with two chairs, a white tablecloth, balloons, and a table sign. Additional chairs are available upon request the day of the Housing Fair.
- Requests for table location in the ballroom will be considered on a first come first served basis. Table location is NOT GUARANTEED.
- EARLY SET-UP: The ballroom will be available for early set-up for decorations at the times listed above. Any items left in the ballroom overnight are not guaranteed safe. Off-Campus Life (OCL0 and the Lory Student Center (LSC) are not responsible for any items left in the ballroom.
- The Housing Fair is open from 9:00am until 4:00pm. Please check in no later than 8:30am. Vacant tables impact the overall appearance of the Housing Fair. Therefore, OCL reserves the right to remove your table after 9:00am without refund. We strongly discourage Vendors packing up before 3:45pm.
- The LSC Loading dock is available for loading and unloading only. A map to the loading dock will be included in your confirmation packet. Please do not block other vehicles, and remove your vehicle as quickly as possible to avoid ticketing. Vehicles may be parked a maximum of 20 minutes in the loading zone.
- All vendors are required to stay within a three feet radius of their tables and not solicit students more than three feet from the front of the table as this disrupts the traffic flow and is unfair to vendors at adjacent tables.
- Vendors are NOT permitted to play loud music or use airhorns/bullhorns/megaphones to attract customers as this disrupts the atmosphere of the event and is unfair to vendors at other tables.
- Unregistered vendors/solicitors are not allowed inside the ballroom. OCL staff will ask the solicitors to leave. If you see any solicitors or unregistered vendors inside the ballroom, please inform an OCL staff member.
- Displays must be considered TASTEFUL or you may be asked to remove display.
- When planning your exhibit, consider that students are attracted to visual and/or hands-on exhibits, as well as samples, handouts and freebies.
- Two vendors with the best displays (voted on by a committee) will win reduced registration fees for the 2019 Housing Fair!
- Please note on your registration form any unusual items you would like to bring as part of your display (i.e. large display items). These items must have approval for health and safety reasons and for possible damage to the ballroom during setup and breakdown.
- No display materials of any sort or tape of any kind (including duct, masking, clear tape, or painter's tape) may be affixed to the walls, doors, windows, room partitions, curtains, and floors in the ballroom. Please ask for portable bulletin boards or sign stands to attach any displays (limited number available).
- We will do our best to place your booth next to electrical outlets, but cannot guarantee it. Please plan your display accordingly.
- Emergency exits and service doors are NOT to be blocked with any furniture, decorations, equipment, or tables. You will be asked to remove items should this occur.
- The use of paint, glue, or aerosol spray products is not permitted in the ballroom or nearby facilities including the West Balcony.
- All smog, fog, bubble machines and light show projectors using any type of liquid or dry ice are prohibited in the ballroom. Please discuss any special effects planned with OCL staff in advance.
- Working animals such as seeing-eye, hearing, service dogs, and dogs used in law enforcement are the only animals permitted at the Housing Fair.
- ATTENTION: This year, we are back in the LSC Grand Ballroom. Due to limited placement locations, there will be no banner placement this year. Feel free to bring free-standing banners or banners that can be hung off the table as long as they conform to Housing Fair Guidelines & Policies and LSC guidelines.
Food & Decorations
- All decorations must meet minimum safety standards as interpreted by Environmental Health and Safety (CSU). Fire code prohibits the use of hay, straw, cornstalks, or other dry tinder in the ballroom.
- The use of nails, screws, or thumbtacks is prohibited in the ballroom. Please discuss with OCL staff the option of special rigging for hanging items.
- Any food items you plan to give away must be prepackaged and individually wrapped. Any vendor bringing food must note this on their registration.
- On the day of the Housing Fair, a complimentary continental breakfast will be provided for all vendors.
- Although there are places to eat around campus, you have the option of ordering a box lunch for $12 (see registration form for details). The OCL staff will deliver your lunch to you between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.
1. To help ensure a good turnout, we encourage vendors to provide giveaways, goodies, and promotional items. However, please note that alcohol/controlled substance related giveaways are not allowed. 2. No fundraising or selling is permitted
All requests must be submitted on the Housing Fair Registration Form. Those vendors that specify requests by the Registration Deadline of January 26th, 2017, will be accommodated to the greatest extent possible by the OCL and LSC Event Planning staff. This set of guidelines and policies does not guarantee that vendor requests will be met regardless of when the vendor requests are made. OCL and the LSC assume no risk for lost or stolen items or for any personal injury while attending the Housing Fair. By registering for the Housing Fair, the vendor agrees that they have read and understand the above written policies, and they agree to abide by them. OCL Housing Fair staff reserves the right to remove any vendor or display that violates the guidelines & policies listed above or is not in keeping with the informational/educational purpose of the Housing Fair.